TABLE OF CONTENTS
How can a reseller pay for an invoice using a credit memo?
For Prepaid Accounts – If there is an available credit balance, the system will use it.
For Term Accounts
- When you try to pay one or multiple documents, you will receive a message with the amount of the available credit balance.
- If you want to use it, please contact Ingram Micro support at IMCloudServicedesk@cloud.im
Rest of World
- An invoice can now be paid by Credit Balance which includes Credit Memos attached to an account earlier.
- In the Unified Reseller Control Panel (former CCPv2) we disabled the ability to link/unlink AR documents, for example applying credit memos to invoices, unlinking payments from invoices, due to financial compliance reasons.
- Reseller has documents to pay – invoices and debit memos. They are highlighted on the Home page and in a separate list called “Unpaid documents”.
- Reseller has an overall “credit balance” - that includes any unapplied payments and credit memos.
- This amount is highlighted on the Home page and visible/available for use when a user selects to pay some unpaid documents.
- When Reseller decides to use it, the system applies it at its own discretion.
- Manual link/unlink of AR documents is available in the Classic Panel of a provider. So, if a reseller doesn’t like how the system applied his payments/credit memos to open invoices, he can call Support to revert the changes.
Please provide this KB article How to Pay Unpaid Invoices to the Resellers to follow.
Why a reseller's credit memo is in a "closed" state although (I know) there is some balance available?
A reseller does not manage credit memos provided by a vendor. The credit balance of the reseller includes provided credit.
A credit memo is always "closed" for a reseller.
For details on a reason look at Question 1.
As a vendor, I used to check credit memos status in the "My subscriptions" panel of a reseller. What to do now?
You may want to use the L1 / Country level Classic Panel: navigate to Billing > Reseller > Documents
How can I apply a credit less than my Invoices?
Please contact Ingram Micro Support at ImCloudServiceDesk.firstname.lastname@example.org (xx represents the country code, example: Imcloudservicedesk.email@example.com)