Once you have verified that the Spamina subscription has been provisioned in Odin you can proceed to configure and setup your Spamina Product.
The configuration and setup steps are the same for both ‘Parla’ and ‘Cloud Email Firewall’ and must be followed sequentially:
Step 2: Associate a Domain with the Client
Step 3: Bind the Domain with the Spamina Subscription
Step 5: Bind Users to the Spamina Subscription
Note: Step 5 is only required if you have not already bound the User to a Spamina product while creating the User in Step 4.
All steps are done within the Customer Control Panel (CCP).
Step 1: Provision the Client
- Log in to your Customer Control Panel (CCP)
- Select Spamina Cloud Management tab.
- The Client’s configuration status is shown as Not provisioned.
Under the Client’s configuration tab the Client’s information is provided in a non-editable form
Note: The Client’s information is the same as the Customer’s (whoever was created/selected when purchasing the Spamina subscription).
Create and confirm a password, click Submit button.
Important! The login and password are credentials for administrative-level access to the Spamina Portal. If your Customer is not going to be administrating the Spamina product then ensure you take note of the ‘Login’ and ‘Password’ to share with the Administrator.
The Status changes to Provisioned.
Step 2: Create Associated Domains
In order to associate a Domain with a Client/Customer, add the domain’s information in CCP.
There are 3 scenarios to be considered when associating a domain with your Client/Customer. Use the one that applies to your Customer:
1) Register a New Domain: Purchase and register a new domain with Ingram Micro
2) Transfer an Existing Domain: Make Ingram Micro the domain registrar for an existing domain
3) Add Existing Domain Registered Elsewhere: Use a domain that will remain externally registered.
Follow these steps until they bifurcate into the 3 scenarios described above; then follow the steps for the scenario that is applicable to your Customer:
- Login to your Customer Control Panel (CCP)
- Select Domains tab on your left side menu option.
- Click Add New Domain
- Select either Register New Domain, Transfer Your Domain or Add Your Domain
Button Label and Description
i) Description: Select this option to purchase and register a new domain with Ingram Micro
Description: If you wish to make Ingram Micro the domain registrar for an existing domain use this option
· In the domain’s registrar’s website ensure you have unlocked the domain for transfer
· Acquire authorization code/transfer key
Description: If you want your domain to continue using current, external registrar use this option
Step 3: Bind the Domain to the Spamina Subscription
Note: Before you begin this step ensure you have the domain’s MX record. You can refer to this article or contact your hosting provider’s Support to get the MX record.
- In your Customer’s Control Panel select the Spamina Cloud Management tab.
- Select Domains tab.
- Select Add existing domain button, Under Domain data enter all the required fields (indicated by the *)
1) If the Customer has multiple domains click on the arrow button to select the domain you want to assign the Spamina product to
2) In the ‘Mail delivery host’ field enter the MX record
Note: You can refer to this article or contact your hosting provider’s support to get the MX record.
3) In the ‘Contact’ field enter the Administrator’s email ID
Click the Submit button this connects the domain to the service plan along with the MX record
Step 4: Create Users in Odin
This step is required only if Users you want to assign to the Spamina product does not exist in Odin. If the User already exists in Odin you can skip to Step 5.
- In the Customer’s Control Panel select the ‘Users’ tab
- On the ‘Users’ page click the Add New Service User button.
- Enter all the required fields (indicated by *)
Note: If you ticked ‘Spamina Cloud-Based Security’ you will have an additional step i.e. select a specific Spamina product to bind to the new Service User.
- Binding a Spamina product to the new Service User and Select a specific Spamina product(s) to bind to the new Service User
- You will receive a confirmation message that the Service User has been created.
Note: If you have already assigned a Spamina product to the new Service User you have completed Spamina configuration and setup. If not proceed to Step 5.
Step 5: Bind Users to a Spamina Service Plan
- In your Customer’s Control Panel select the Spamina Cloud Management tab from the left side menu option.
- Select the Users tab
- Click Add existing user button to launch the wizard
- Select a Service User and assign a Spamina product to the User
1) Click on the arrow button to select a Service User from the list of drop down options
2) Under ‘Services’ tick or select Spamina product(s) to assign the product(s) to the User and then
3) Click the Next button
The Administrator will receive a second email:
Through the email, the Administrator can access Spamina’s Portal to use all services assigned to domains and users, view blacklisted and white-listed email IDs, etc.
Administrators can login at http://support.spamina.net/ using the same login credentials found in the email to view online support for a Spamina product.